Monday, November 10, 2008

Noel - WSC65

At first I was stumped as to what to create when I first saw Beate's sketch for the week. It's not so much that I didn't like the sketch as it was that I couldn't think of an image that I wanted to use for the long horizontal middle piece. Everything that I wanted to use was more appropriate for a vertical piece. Then, I turned the sketch 90 degrees counter-clockwise and... problem solved!

I decided to pull out an old CTMH set, The Beauty of Christmas, (which for all I know could now be retired). I second generation stamped the 2 smaller trees then I wanted to emboss the larger tree, but I didn't have any green embossing powder that would match the patterned paper that I chose. So, I stamped the tree in green, then I stamped over it with Versamark, sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat set it. I just noticed that you can't even tell from the photo that it's embossed! I also added stickles to the 2 smaller trees, around the grey partial circle scallop and for the berries around the wreath.

Cardstock (CTMH); Patterned paper: Memory Box; Stamps: CTMH, PTI (wreath, sentiment); Ink: CTMH; Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder, Nestabilities; Marvy circle punches; Other: paper piercing tool, ribbon, foam tape.