Thursday, December 25, 2008

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

My final Christmas card for the year is one that I made up a few months ago. It is a pop-up card, and once you get the hang of it, it is very simple to make. When I first showed it to Dan, I gave it to him flat because I wanted to see how easily he could make it pop up. I thought he was going to rip it when he started tugging on the photo (he said that I needed to include instructions with the card).

Though it is simple, I thought it would be a fun one for family to receive. I started by random stamping white snowflakes on my kraft card base, attaching the photo to a scalloped rectangle mat and simply embellishing it with a punched glitter snowflake, rhinestone, red ribbon and a Verve sentiment. These went out in the mail on the 23rd, but most people won't see it until they receive it (except for my sister, Sharon, who I am sure is peeking now!).

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (and/or any other holiday you may celebrate)! As always, thanks for stopping by!

Cardstock: PTI; Other paper: Marcella K glitter; Stamps: Hero Arts Winter's Butterfly, Verve (sentiment); Ink: Palette New Canvas, Memento Tuxedo Black; Spellbinders rectangle Nestabilities and ribbon tags trio; Marvy snowflake punch; Other: white gel pen, rhinestone, ribbon, red line tape (confessionsofaribbonaddict.blogspot.com).