Friday, January 9, 2009

Life's Simple Pleasures

I just love this sentiment - "Let life's simple pleasures fill your heart with joy". We all get so caught up in life that I think we sometimes forget this -- I know I do.

This is my card for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge, based up Jennifer's sketch to the right. This was a fun one to work with! I decided to try something new with my stitching. I replaced my thread with a red spool, but I left white in the bobbin and parts of the white was pulled up to the top for a slight 2-toned effect. It's more random than consistent, but a little bit of change.


Stamps: Floral Whimsy (Verve)
Paper: Sweet Blush, Poppy Red, Raspberry Fizz, White (PTI); Sweet Talk (K & Company)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Sweet Blush (PTI)
Accessories: Piercabilities Fancy Scalloped Border, Curved Rectangle Nestabilites (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provo Craft); ribbon (Martha Stewart), flowers (Prima), brad, sponge, foam tape, thread, sewing machine.