Monday, January 12, 2009

You're in My Thoughts and Prayers

I'm in the midst of a major reorg of my stamping room and my supplies are all over the place... My sweet DH put together an entire wall of cubes which I am very excited about! I am trying to take my time to go through and organize things in their new home rather than just throw everything in a basket, then on a shelf. Unfortunately, that takes away from my stamping time! I didn't get a chance to stamp at all this weekend, so I missed a couple of challenges... :(

In the meantime, I do have a couple of cards from the latest Verve release to show you. These are from the wonderful new set, Meditations.

This was the very first card that I made with the new Verve sets. I was so excited when I first got the stamps, yet I was so nervous to get started. After a few panic attacks, I decided to dive in and play!


Not only does the set include the beautiful Psalm shown in the card above, but it also has these beautiful flowers in 2 sizes with 2 variations in each size. I chose to make this card monochromatic, highlighting the "other" sentiment in the set, You're in My Thoughts and Prayers. This is a special message going out to my SIL and BIL in MN.


Card 1:
Stamps: Meditations (Verve)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, White (PTI), Offbeat (Basic Grey)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Accessories: Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Swirls embossing folder, Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Bella dots (Stamping Bella), ribbon (PTI), paper piercer, white gel pen, foam tape.

Card 2:
Stamps: Meditations (Verve)
Paper: Moonstruck, Colonial White (CTMH), Poolside (Making Memories)
Ink: Palette Starry Night (Stewart Superior)Accessories: Labels One Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provo Craft),Spica glitter pen (Copic), Star Dust stickles (Ranger), ribbon, brads, foam boosters, thread, sewing machine.