Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lily at the Beach

Today I'm featuring a new stamp set just released by Pink Cat Studio. The set is called Lily at the Beach. It is available NOW for purchase it at The Scrapbooking Cottage along with the Imaginisce Summer Cool designer paper and Neenah Solar White cardstock.


For my first card above, I used Amy's sketch, AMYRS65, to design my layout. It was fun and perfect for what I wanted to do with my elements. I stamped Lily and colored her with Copic markers. I cut out the image with my Rectangle Nestabilities and while the cardstock was still in the die, I sponged the sky and sand background. I finished it off with some stickles for a sparkly effect.

Detail shot:

For my second card I added some Kraft cardstock to give it a "beachy" feel. Once again I colored Lily and the turtle with Copic markers and added some bling to her accessories with stickles.


Be sure to visit Stacy, too, to see what she has created with this set! Thanks for stopping by!

Card 1 Supplies:
Stamps: Lily at the Beach (Pink Cat Studio)
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Hibiscus Burst (PTI); Solar White (Neenah), Summer Cool (Imaginisce)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Heavenly Blue (CTMH)
Accessories: Rectangle Nestabilities and Double Ended Tags (Spellbinders), Tiny Bubbles embossing folder and Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), beach scene border punch (EK Success), Chocolate Brown Candy Dots (Pebbles), Star Dust Stickles (Ranger), ribbon, foam tape.

Card 2 Supplies:
Stamps: Lily at the Beach (Pink Cat Studio)
Paper: Kraft, Hibiscus Burst (PTI); Solar White (Neenah), Summer Cool (Imaginisce)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), beach scene border punch (EK Success), flower (Prima), button (PTI), Star Dust Stickles (Ranger), rhinestone, twine, foam tape, thread, sewing machine.