Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mojo Dad's Day

While searching through my patterned paper to find something suitable for a masculine card, I came across my Basic Grey Lime Rickey pad and opted to make a bright, fun Father's Day card for my dad. When I was growing up in CA, we used to see brightly colored hot air balloons in the early mornings. Ironically, we see them here in AZ, too! It must be a desert thing...


On to my card... I used Julee's Mojo Monday #91 sketch. I kept the frills to a minimum, but I did manage to add a bit of ribbon and 2 tiny black pearls on either side of the sentiment. I also used a cornice border punch on the narrow black strip, but I ended up covering most of it up... This one went in the mail as soon as I photographed it. I hope my dad likes it and I hope he has a wonderful Father's Day!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps: Up, Up and Away, Dad's Day (Verve)
Cardstock: True Black (Papertrey Ink), Classic Crest Solar White (Neenah)
Patterned Paper: Lime Rickey (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Markers (Copic)
Accessories: Deckled Rectangle, Long Rectangle and Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Cornice border punch (Martha Stewart), Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Pearls (Kaisercraft), Paper piercer, Foam Tape.