Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Creativity Challenge 23 (PDCC23)


Hello! It's time for another Play Date Cafe Creativity Challenge! Thanks to all of you who played in our challenge last week! I had so much fun viewing your wonderful creations!

I just love the blues and soft cream colors that Sarah chose this week. When I first saw the colors, I instantly thought of this houndstooth paper from the Making Memories Poolside collection. It came out a year (or two?) ago, and it hadn't seen daylight in a little while. It qualifies as Julie's BOO element (that's Bring Out the Old).. click on the link to read more about it!


I kept my layout fairly simple. I stamped the floral image using Verve's Plain Jane, Birthday Wishes twice, colored the flower with my Copic markers, cut out one and popped it on top of the other. I added a blue pearl to the center of the flower. And the large flower embellishment just above it? I made that myself! I used this tutorial to create a melted flower. My intent was to use all organdy fabric, but I found it too thin when I attempted to melt the edges. The small flower on top is organdy, but the rest of it is an unknown polyester fabric that I picked up at Wal-Mart. It's just a little thicker than Chiffon. I cut my flowers out with Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities and followed the tutorial to gently melt the edges of each petal. I added a few fresh water pearls to the center of the blossom and attaching the petals together with some thread. As a final touch, I sprayed the flower with Pearl and Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. They create a subtle glimmer effect which is pretty much impossible to photograph!

Are you ready to play along? We'd love to see your creations! Be sure to go over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC23. And, be sure to visit my PDCC teammates for some wonderful inspiration.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: Birthday Wishes Plain Jane (Verve)
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI), Poolside Paperie (Making Memories)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Fleur De Lis Borderabilities and Blossom Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Markers (Copic), Blue Pearl (Kaisercraft), Organdy and other poly fabric, Candle flame, Fresh Water Pearl Beads, Pearl and Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.