Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You Put a Song in My Heart -- PDCC36

This is Post 1 of 2 today. For my My Time Made Easy © post, please scroll up!

Before I get to the inspiration photo/challenge colors for this week, I'd like to invite you to visit The Play Date Cafe to see its facelift.. it is fresh and fun! A HUGE thank you to Mr. Paul B for designing some fabulous new badges for our site (be sure to check out the side bar of the PDCC blog to see all of them!). Paul has been a loyal PDCC player since the beginning of the challenge, and he is so incredibly talented! Another THANK YOU to my fellow DT member, Lisa, for her hard work making all of these new badges easily accessible to all PDCC players and fans!


It's time for another Play Date Cafe challenge, and Julie has put together the fabulous inspiration photos (above) and the colors Pink, White and Red this week. Some of the girls have challenged each other to use their Tim Holtz bird cage die. I don't own it, but I did manage to include a little birdie creation!

Please welcome back our fabulous guest designer/sponsor, Kelly Marie Alvarez, with Lawn Fawn!

Your challenge host this week is Savannah!


It wasn't a requirement for the team (or for you) to make a bird-themed card, but as I was trying to decide what stamps to use, I spotted this Lockhart In the Window - Bluebird stamp that I had gotten from Stacy not too long ago. I thought it would be fun to make for my challenge card. I stamped my image with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copic markers. The sentiment, "You put a song in my heart" is from Verve's Swan Song.

Are you ready to play along? We'd love to see your creations! Be sure to go over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC36. And, be sure to visit my PDCC teammates for some wonderful inspiration.

Celebrity Guest Designer/Sponsor, Kelly Marie Alvarez

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: In the Window - Bluebird (Lockhart), Swan Song (Verve)
Paper: Classic Crest Solar White (Neenah), Maraschino (Bazzill), Eupohora 6x6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Spun Sugar distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Rectangle Nestabilities, Big Scalloped Border Petites, Tags Trio (Spellbinders); Markers (Copic), Silk ribbon (Creative Impressions), Rose (Prima), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.