Friday, August 6, 2010

JustRite Groovy Snowman


Hello! A new Friday challenge will be posted on the JustRite Inspiration blog today. The challenge is to use the photo above to inspire your creation. I hope you will have a chance to join in on the fun! The deadline is next Thursday, August 12 @ 9 AM CST.


I wasn't able to make a card for the challenge, but I do have JustRite card to show you that I made for CHA. I used JB-10000 Groovy Snowman, which is a fun set of 4 adorable snowmen and 4 fun interchangeable borders.


I colored my snowman with Copic markers and cut him out using Spellbinders Standard Circles. I sponged the edges with Versamagic Wheat, then added a Classic Inverted Circle mat behind it. I embossed the top panel using my Snowflake embossing folder and sponged Spun Sugar distress ink over the top of the raised snowflakes. The lower 3 panels are patterned paper from October Afternoon Good Cheer. I added stitching all around. I used Mercy's Sketch #82 for my layout.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
JustRite Stampers:
JB-10000 Groovy Snowman
JB-08117 Wood Stamper 3-1/4"
Dies & Punches: Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities-Lg (die 4), Classic Inverted Scallop Circles Nestabilities-Lg (die 4), Provo Craft Snowflake embossing folder
Paper: October Afternoon Good Cheer 8x8 pad, Papertrey Ink Kraft, Vintage Cream cardstock
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic Wheat; Ranger Spun Sugar Distress, Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy
Accessories: Copic Markers (0,B91,C1,C3,E27,R46,RV11,YG93,YG95,YR21), Prismacolor pencils/odorless mineral spirits, Maya Road snowflake chipboard, Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist, Papertrey Ink button, Whisker Graphics Divine Twine, tiny rhinestone, foam tape, sewing machine and ivory thread

10 comments:

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

Oh! I LOVE this stamp Steph! GORGEOUs papers and layouts too!!!

Monique said...

Oh I love this Christmas card Stephanie.. The pink and the green are so warm together... I love the Dp and your stiching is fabulous :)

Brandi said...

This is beautiful Stephanie! I lvoe all the stiched panels! :)

Mary J said...

Such a cool card, Stephanie! Love those colours together!

Heather Jensen said...

This is fabulous! :) Love the sweet snowman.

Juls said...

Fab!! I love a nice wintery image in soft pink, its such a gorgeous contrast!! Hugs Juls

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

FibreJunky said...

Oh, I just love this!!!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous design! Love the paper you used on this beautiful card.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a cuuuute card Stephanie! That snowman is darling & the embossing looks fab!