Saturday, August 7, 2010

MTME Final August Group Post

Hello! Have you checked out all of the My Time Made Easy © August releases? For the past week or so, the team has been showing off some wonderful projects to give you some creative inspiration. Today, our entire team is showing our final release projects! The focus for this month has been Gift Cards and Tooth Fairies! My first project uses the Tuck-ered Out © template.

(click to enlarge)

Late last year, my DD, Sabrina, lost her first tooth. Since then she has lost a total of 3 teeth, but she keeps swallowing them (...LOL, we were alarmed at first until her dentist told me that it is common and perfectly ok). Fortunately, the tooth fairy has still come to visit Sabrina after the loss of each tooth! One day I happened to be cleaning the family room and I picked up what I thought was a rock.. well, it turns out it was one of her teeth! Being a scrapbooker at heart, I saved the tooth to scrapbook about at a later date. I still hadn't done anything with it, so Lauren's new products were perfect for me!


I cut the box out of Couture Brandenburg cardstock. I used a sheet of Sara Williams' Fairy Tooth digi paper (from the Taylor's Teeth © Sweethearts Paper Bag collection) to add decorative layers to the box. Above is a close-up of the little box (which, by the way, can be used to package things other than lost teeth!). The poem is written by Lauren herself and from Lost My Tooth ©. I cut my decorative frame using Spellbinders Fancy Tags, sponged Spun Sugar onto the cardstock while it was still in the die, then I stamped the poem.

Here's a view of the side/back so you can better see the digi paper print:


I used the Lost My Tooth © cut file to cut out a large tooth (below), stamped the outline and another little poem by Lauren. I made this into a little tag that you could slip under the pillow along with the tooth!


I added some pink Easter grass inside and took a shot of what the inside looked like before I closed and decorated the box. The little tin is the kind that you can put homemade lip balm inside (it can be found here). The label is also part of the Lost My Tooth © cut file and the label outline and "My Little Tooth Box".


I added Cotton Candy Stickles around the label frame and Star Dust Stickles to the tooth. Detail shot of the tin:


Some of you may not know this, but I am truly a Scrapbooker at heart. I love taking photos and preserving photos with our family stories. Somehow in the last couple of years, cardmaking took over my life, but I am trying to find some balance and still scrapbook. I pulled out the tooth that I saved and decided that I really didn't need to show it to you (ick).. but I did decide to make a second project.. a scrapbook layout, entitled "Lost My TOOTH"!

(click on photo to enlarge)

I started with 2 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock. I stamped some flourishes on both sheets using Fanciful Flourishes ©. Next, I stamped the fairy from Lost My Tooth ©. I used Sara's Fairy Tooth digi paper again, matted with cardstock and stitching.  It's hard for me to get a good photo of my layouts (you can click on each photo to enlarge). The words on the side of the photo read, "Lost My" and the photo is of her eating a Power Bar. Left side:


The second photo is of her being silly, showing me where she lost her tooth. I cut out a frame with my Spellbinders Petite Oval and Scalloped Petite Oval Nestabilities to frame her face. Right side:


I stamped a quote from Lost My Tooth © to the right of the photo. Detail shot:


Finally, here's a close-up of my journaling:


Edit: I had this post typed up and scheduled over a week ago, but I had to add this in before it posted. Sabrina went to the dentist nearly 2 months ago, and he informed us that her top two front teeth were loose. One was very loose, and it is all she's talked about the last 2 weeks, though she wouldn't let Daddy pull it out on Sunday. The next night, she took a bite of pizza and out it came.. and down it went into her tummy before I could get it. She is fussing quite a bit and looking in the mirror a lot. Before you know it, school will start and no doubt she will lose the other front tooth and be toothless in her school photo.. she will absolutely hate that!


Please be sure to visit the rest of the MTME team today as they are also showing off their final creations for August... you definitely won't want to miss any of it!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuck-ered Out © Supplies ~
Stamps: Lost My Tooth © (My Time Made Easy)
Paper: Brandenburg, One Sheet Wonder (Couture), Fairy Tooth digi paper by Sara Williams (MTME)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Spun Sugar distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Tuck-ered Out © template, Lost My Tooth © cut file (MTME); Fancy Tags Shapeabilities(Spellbinders), Cotton Candy and Star Dust Stickles (Ranger), Wrinkled ribbon (May Arts), Rose (Prima), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.


Scrapbook Supplies ~
Stamps: Lost My Tooth ©, Fancilful Flourishes © (My Time Made Easy)
Paper: Classic Crest Solar White (Neenah), Brandenburg, Raven (Couture), Fairy Tooth digi paper by Sara Williams (MTME)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Spun Sugar distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Labels Six, Labels Eight, Petite Ovals and Scalloped Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Apron Lace border punch (EK Success), Tiny letters (Making Memories), Pink Thickers (American Crafts), Rhinestones (Queen & Co), Thread, Sewing machine.