Friday, November 19, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge 045 -- Celebrate Good Times

Hello! It's time for another JustRite Friday Challenge! This week's challenge (JRC_045) is called Celebrate Good Times.. make a Wedding, Holiday or any other Celebration project. Our generous sponsor this week is Flower Soft. Have you tried the Flower Soft Silver and Gold? I used both on my project today, and I love the texture and sparkle they add!

photo credit: Doug Kraft 

I made an 8" x 8" scrapbook page using an engagement photo of my sweet niece and her fiance (now her husband!) and framed it. Her wedding colors were black and white, so that was my starting point. I created my background paper by randomly stamping the cherry blossom image from JB-09705 My Garden Borders & Centers. I added a little bit of ink distressing to the edges of my cardstock and stitched it onto a black mat.


I cut some open circles out of black glitter paper using my Spellbinders Standard Circle Nestabilities. I also cut the photo out of a circle and matted it onto a larger white circle and stitched around part of the photo. Once I added all of my elements to the page, I went back and added Silver Flower Soft to the center of the all the exposed flowers. I then went back and some Gold Flower Soft to a just a few of the flower centers. Here's a closer look at the top part:


Below is a close-up of the lower part of the layout. I used some silver ribbon, tied a bow and added a couple of stick pins through the knot. I stamped the frame (that fits Labels Fourteen Nestabilities perfectly) from CL-02055 In the Moonlight-Cling. The sentiment, "Always & Forever" is from JB-09235 Weddings Nested Sentiments & Verse. Finally, I added a little ink and some Swarovski crystals around the sentiment frame.


Be sure to visit the JustRite Inspiration blog for more details on this week's challenge and to see more inspiration from some of my fellow design team members.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
JustRite Stampers: JB-09705 My Garden Borders & Centers, JB-08117 3 1/4" Wood Stamper, JB-09235 Weddings Nested Sentiments & Verse, JB-09520 Clear Horizontal Stamper, CL-02055 In the Moonlight-Cling
Dies & Punches: Spellbinders Labels Fourteen Nestabilities (dies 3, 4), Standard Circle Nestabilities-SM (die 7), Standard Circle Nestabilities-LG (dies 5, 7)
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Papertrey Ink True Black, Marcella by K Black glitter paper
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic Wheat
Accessories: Flower Soft - Silver and Gold, Frame (Michael's), Ribbon, Jenni Bowlin stick pins, Swarovski crystals, Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.