Saturday, January 15, 2011

CR84FN11 -- I Never Want to Live Without You


Hello! It's time for another CR84FN (Create For Fun) Challenge! Thank you to all who joined us last week! For this week's challenge (CR84FN11), Mona has chosen the lovely color palette of Red, Kraft, and Brown. The photos in the graphic above are courtesy of Leslie at A Creative Mint.


When I first saw the color combination, I knew that I wanted to use some paper from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found collections and make an anniversary card for Dan (it's 3 weeks away, but I know it will sneak up on me!). I used 3 different patterned papers (and made a rosette out of one of them) and some ribbon from the Brown Lush collection. I rarely would use the same stamp set two week's in a row, but at least I used a different sentiment than I did last week! My sentiment, "I never want to live without you" is from Verve's Text Objects (I told you that I {heart} this set!). I also added some wee (2 mm) chocolate pearls from Pizzazz Apenty and stitching all around.

My layout was inspired by this My Mind's Eye sketch by Anam Stubbington. In order to qualify for the challenge, I needed to use 80% MME products, so my card likely doesn't qualify, but it was a fun sketch to play with! I pulled out any MME coordinating products that I could find in my stash, but I realize that I just mainly buy all their patterned paper..

For all the challenge details, please be sure to visit the CR84FN blog HERE. I hope you will join us this week.. I can't wait to see what you create! For more inspiration, please visit my fellow design teammates:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: Text Objects (Verve)
Paper: Lost & Found Union Square "Home Sweet Home" Love, Union Square "Favorite" Union Station, Madison Avenue "Pretty" Dress Shop (My Mind's Eye); Kraft, Pure Poppy cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Heart and Scalloped Heart Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Rosette die (My Favorite Things), Scalloped Diamond border punch (EK success), Lush Ribbon & RicRac (My Mind's Eye), Pearls (Pizzazz Apently), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.