Monday, January 31, 2011

SCRS Challenge #28 -- Hi There!


Hello! I'm settling back into my routine after a fun trip to CA for the Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) Conference & Trade Show. It was my first time attending, and I had a lot of fun walking the floor, looking at all the new products and meeting people that I only knew from online.. LOL! I went with my sweet friend Mona, and I had a great time spending a girl's weekend away with her.. :) I even had the chance to meet some of my past and present SCRS teammates -- Sparkle, Kim, Shaela, and Lisa!

Speaking of SCRS, it's time for an all new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge! Each week we will post an all new challenge at this time (9 PM PST on Mondays). For all the details, please visit the SCRS blog. This week's challenge is "It's a Girl Thing" (create anything girly girl).

This is our first SCRS challenge for the month, so we have a new Guest Designer... please welcome the uber-talented, Amber Hight! I love Amber's design work and amazing color skills, so I am thrilled she could join us this month!

This is also the first official start for our new DT members, Alice and Shaela! We are so excited to have them join our team .. you can see their creations as well as the rest of the team's on the SCRS blog and on their individual blogs (links below my project).


I used Cafe Lucy on my card today and paired her with some yummy paper from Imaginisce Garden Party (love the pink and greens in this!).. My sentiment is from Verve's Wordy Birds. I kept my embellishments to a minimum, but I did add some yummy Simply Sage Baker's Luster Twine from Pizzazz Aplenty.. it has a lovely sheen to it and is still thin enough to thread through buttons.. LOVE that!

For more SCRS inspiration and details, please visit the SCRS blog to see the design team's wonderful creations and their individual blogs for more details:

Amber Hight, our fabulous February Guest Designer!
and Sparkle Smith (Owner)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: Cafe Lucy (Sparkle Creations), Sentiment from Wordy Birds (Verve)
Paper: Garden Party (Imaginisce), Classic Crest Classic Natural White (Neenah)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Petite Oval and Scalloped Petite Oval Nestabilities, Big Scalloped Borderabilities Petite (Spellbinders); Markers (Copic), Button, Baker's Luster Twine (Pizzazz Aplenty), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.