Saturday, April 2, 2011

CR84FN22 -- A Friend


Hello! It's time for another CR84FN Challenge! Thank you to all who joined us last week.. it was fun viewing all of your fabulous creations! For this week's challenge (CR84FN22), our color palette is Kraft, Green and Brown. The lovely photos in the graphic above are courtesy of Martha Stewart.

This is our first challenge of April, so please welcome our new Guest Designer, Silke Ledlow!


My quote from today is from the Taylored Expressions set, Friendship Blooms. It reads "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." I cut out my sentiment panel with a Spellbinder's Long Rectangle die, sponged some Memento Pear Tart ink inside while it was still in the die, then I stamped the sentiment.

Awhile back, I was inspired by one of Nichole Heady's projects where she used ripped muslin as ribbon. I had some cotton fabric on hand to line sewing projects and decided to use some for my ribbon. I added a yo-yo (made out of Moda Basic Grey fabric) and candy dot to the center of my bow. I used an older Mojo Monday sketch (#173) for my layout.

For all the challenge details, please be sure to visit the CR84FN blog HERE. I hope you will join us this week.. I can't wait to see what you create! For more inspiration, please visit my fellow design teammates:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: Friendship Blooms (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Conservatory (7gypsies), Dark Chocolate, Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Classic Crest Classic Natural White (Neenah)
Ink: Memento Pear Tart (Tsukineko), Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink), Vintage Photo Distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Long Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Moda Basic Grey fabric (for yo-yo), Cotton fabric (for bow), Candy Dot (Pebbles), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.