Saturday, June 18, 2011

CR84FN32 -- Happy Birthday, Mona!


Hello! It's time for another CR84FN Challenge! Thank you to all who joined us last time.. it was fun viewing all of your fabulous creations! For this week's challenge (CR84FN32), our color palette is Aqua, Green and Yellow. The lovely photos in the graphic above are courtesy of Leslie at A Creative Mint.

Today we are celebrating our fearless leader and my sweet friend, Mona Pendleton's birthday (Happy early birthday, Mona!) and this is the card I made for her:


When I saw the colors included yellow, I first thought to create a card with yellow tulips (Mona loves tulips), but then when I was choosing my patterned papers, I ran across this sweet little bicycle paper (Lily Bee Happily Lost) that was perfect for this week's color challenge. Mona stays very active and often goes on bike rides with her sister, Tina, so I decided to use the paper instead (for some reason, I didn't think that tulips and bicycles should be together on a card..:)).. So, my card turned out less girly than I had originally planned, but I hope Mona still likes it...

...Anyway, I digress... I pulled out some of my Papertrey goodies and made my label using a text stamp from Mat Stack 4 Collection and die cut with the coordinating Mat Stack 4 Die. "Someone like you should be celebrated every day" is from 2011 Birthday Tags and "Happy Birthday" is from Inside & Out: Birthday. The rest is pretty much self-explanatory.. I also included a tatted butterfly made by my cousin, Jessica of Snapdragon Lace. It was originally white, and I dyed it with some Sea Glass Glimmer Mist, which is what I used to dye my seam binding as well. I used last week's Card Patterns sketch #119 for my layout.

For all the challenge details, please be sure to visit the CR84FN blog HERE. I hope you will join us this week.. I can't wait to see what you create! For more inspiration, please visit my fellow design teammates:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: 2011 Birthday Tags, Inside & Out: Birthday, Mat Stack 4 Collection (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Happily Lost (Lily Bee), Harvest Gold, Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Dandelion, Versamagic Wheat, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Mat Stack 4 Die, Buttons (Papertrey Ink), Circle punch (EK Success), Tatted butterfly (Snapdragon Lace), Lace (May Arts), Pearl (Prima), Seam binding, Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Rose, Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.