Saturday, July 2, 2011

CR84FN33 -- You're My Little Firecracker


Hello! It's time for another CR84FN Challenge! Thank you to all who joined us last time.. it was fun viewing all of your fabulous creations! For the next challenge (CR84FN33), our color palette is Red, Pink and Neutral. For this challenge and for the remainder of the summer, each challenge will last for 2 weeks. The lovely photos in the graphic above are courtesy of Martha Stewart.


When I sat down to make this card for my DD, Sabrina, I almost reached for the red, white and blue colors in celebration of the 4th of July here in the States.. instead I decided to use the CR84FN colors since Sabrina loves everything pink! I used the MFT cutie, My Little Firecracker. I colored her and pieced her dress to match the tiny red heart background paper.

For sketch inspiration, I used this week's WSC Getting Sketchy #26 from My Favorite Things. All the challenge details can be found HERE:


For all the CR84FN challenge details, please be sure to visit the CR84FN blog HERE. I hope you will join us this week.. I can't wait to see what you create! For more inspiration, please visit my fellow design teammates:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: My Little Firecracker (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Love Notes (Making Memories), Red (Prism), Classic Crest Classic Natural White (Neenah), Vellum
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic Wheat (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Standard Circle, Lacey Circle Nestabilities, Nested Lacey Pennants (Spellbinders); Heart border punch (Martha Stewart), Markers (Copic), Ric Rac, Swarovski crystal, Button, Twine (May Arts), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.

25 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a sweet card Stephanie! Love that darling image and the shimmery sparkler! Your stitching looks amazing!

Debbie said...

Super card! I have a little firecracker myself.

Debgem said...

Sabrina will adore this card - the image is sooo cute!! Love the sentiment too! Love the stitching!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable 4th card! Love that you did it in the pinks and reds. Sweet design!

Mary J said...

I LOVE that colour combo Steph and you've done an amazing job with it!!

Sue Ann said...

OH MY GOODNESS she really is a little firecracker!!! I could NEVER stitch like that in a circle ...... this is totally ADORABLE!!!

Heather Jensen said...

Girl, I need to sit next to you when you stitch around those SB. I am too chicken to try it on my own. I love this sweet image, the vellum and heart border punch are perfect on your card. :)
Hugs~

Jackie Pedro said...

Steph, this is adorable!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a cutie! I love all the stitchin. Wow, even around the circle panel! Great job!

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Loving her paper pieced dress!!! Hugs Juls

Marie said...

Awesome card. I love how the velum tones down the color and looks like an additional layer.

Elena said...

This card is so sweet! I love the sentiment!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Wow, how cute is that little dress with the tiny hearts! Love your card!

Sue Lelli said...

Stephanie, that sentiment just put the biggest smile on my face! LOVE this with pink and red! LOVE the tiny heart background paper and how the dress matches! LOVE the vellum stitched panel! LOVE that sweet little girl! HAPPY card!

joy said...

This is the cutest card i have seen in a loooong time! In fact, it is darn cute! Great paper and the sentiment is perfect!

Deb Hickman said...

Such a sweet card,I love the cute image.xxx

Stella said...

Awe........sooooooooooooo cute. I love your take on these colors!

Andrea M said...

STUNNING card Stephanie! I'm sure your daughter is going to love it! LOVE the patterned paper and the GORGEOUS image!

Cyndie said...

Wow, how cute is that! Love the colors for this challenge, you have used them so effectively, and the little girl is darling!

Ginny said...

Very cute!

Lisa said...

This is adorable Stephanie!!! The zig zag stitching is fab and this little girl is too cute!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute card Stephanie! I need to get me some more PI's! You rocked these colors :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Lisa Somerville said...

How sweet is she! Love the added paper piecing!

Shannon White said...

Oh my goodness, Miss Stephanie, tis is so Darned Adorable! Love your Darling image & her pretty paper pieced dress. Too cute!

Hugs
Shannon

Maria said...

So so cute and sweet! Just love that little image of Pure Innocence! Great use of the colors for a fabulous card!