Saturday, August 13, 2011

CR84FN36 -- Thoughts and Prayers


Hello! It's time for another CR84FN Challenge! Thank you to all who joined us last time.. it was fun viewing all of your fabulous creations! For the next challenge (CR84FN36), our color palette is Yellow, Kraft and Neutral. This challenge will last for 2 weeks. The lovely photos in the graphic above are courtesy of Martha Stewart.


Unfortunately, our extended family suffered the loss of a couple of family members in the last week. I don't typically have sympathy cards in my stash, so I will be making several over the next weeks or so. For this one, I combined a couple of sentiments from MFT's Clearly Sentimental About Sympathy. I went with a muted yellow instead of a happy yellow. My base patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two Sunshine collection.

For sketch inspiration, I used this week's My Favorite Things WSC Getting Sketchy #32 from My Favorite Things. All the challenge details can be found HERE:


For all the CR84FN challenge details, please be sure to visit the CR84FN blog HERE. I hope you will join us this week.. I can't wait to see what you create! For more inspiration, please visit my fellow design teammates:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Sympathy (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Lost & Found Two Sunshine (My Mind's Eye), Kraft, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Die-namics Open Scallop Edge, Die-namics Retro Rolled Flower (My Favorite Things); Petite Oval and Scalloped Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Felt, Pearl brad, Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.

19 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

I'm sorry for your loss Stephanie. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This card is beautiful and I am sure it will bring comfort. That sentiment is wonderful and I love that layered felt flower!

Anita Braddock said...

such a great card I love the layered flowers. thanks for sharing

Debgem said...

Stephanie - it must be such a hard time for you, so sorry and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Your card is really lovely - the sentiment is wonderful, and there are so many other beautiful details. I'm sure this card will bring much comfort.

Debbie Carriere said...

Stephanie, this is a lovely sympathy card. I am sorry for your family's losses, hang in there!

Heather Jensen said...

Such a bright and beautiful card sure to cheer anyone up. Sorry to hear of all the loss. I seem to be hearing too much of this lately. I love your pretty little felt flower too. :)
Hugs~

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So sorry for your loss. Your card is so beautiful. I am sure it will bring great comfort to your loved ones.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Sympathy card, wonderful design!

texasjodylynn said...

Gorgeous card! WOWZERS!

Marie said...

Your colors and design are so soothing that I am sure it will bring comfort to those who receive it. Sorry for your loss.

Andrea M said...

Oh Stephanie, so sorry to hear that awful news. Your card is stunning and surely will help bring your family some comfort. It's so BEAUTIFUL!

lynn said...

so sorry for your losses, stephanie. beautiful and classy color work on your pretty card:)

Beverly Montez said...

Soooo sorry for your losses. This is a very tasteful and classic styled card which is perfect. Very well done!
XO

Suzanne C said...

WOnderful design. Love that paper and your felt flower is beautiful!

Kim Y. said...

This is so beautiful! I love the color!

Lisa said...

My thoughts & prayers for you and your family Stephanie. I'm sure the love you have put into this pretty card will be gratly appreciated.

Sue Lelli said...

Sorry about your losses Stephanie but this card is just going to mean so much to the recipient! Not only is it beautiful with GORGEOUS papers, but that sentiment is just so touching! PERFECT sympathy card.

Shannon White said...

So Sorry for your loss Mis Stephanie.. Your card is so lovely and elegant, and the sentiment is just Wonderful. Sending you and your big hugs and prayers..

Big Hugs
Shannon

Cyndie said...

So sorry about the loss of your family members. This card is so tasteful and soothing--I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Silke Ledlow said...

Stephanie, I'm sorry to hear about your family members. My thoughts and prayers are also with you!!!

Your card is so beautiful and elegant!!! Hugs ~S~