Saturday, September 17, 2011

CR84FN38 Week 2 -- Have a Tweet Birthday


Hello! It's week 2 for the current CR84FN Challenge! If you haven't played along yet, you have just under a week to play in CR84FN38. Our color palette is Bright Pink, Black and Gray. The lovely photos in the graphic above are courtesy of Leslie at A Creative Mint.


My birdhouse, roof and heart are all cut from the Die-namics Homespun Birdhouse (the house and heart are felt). I've only used a few of the pieces included in this set, and I can't wait to use more! I stitched the heart on to the house and popped it all up with foam tape. The sentiment is from the matching stamp set and stamped on a banner tag from the Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon.

For sketch inspiration, I used this week's My Favorite Things WSC Getting Sketchy #37 from My Favorite Things. All the challenge details can be found HERE:


For all the CR84FN challenge details, please be sure to visit the CR84FN blog HERE. I hope you will join us this week.. I can't wait to see what you create! For more inspiration, please visit my fellow design teammates who have another project to share:

Marie Oberg, September Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: Homespun Birdhouse (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Lost & Found 2 Blush (My Mind's Eye), Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink), Classic Crest Classic Natural White (Neenah)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Die-namics Homespun Birdhouse, Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon (My Favorite Things); Felt, Seam binding, Crystal (Prima), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.

15 comments:

Debgem said...

Such a sweet little bird house - I do like the texture with the felt. It's really tweet!! :)

lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lynn said...

so adorable, stephanie@ thats the cutest bh:) sorry about the delete, my fingers are typing very well!

Marie said...

What a lovely homespun feel to your card. It looks so warm and inviting with the felt house and the gingham checked paper.

Suzanne C said...

This is so sweet! Love the little heart in the felt house. Beautiful!

Heather Jensen said...

So sweet! I love that you used felt. :)
Hugs~

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This little birdhouse is precious! Just love the felt, especially the stitched heart!
Mackie

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh my goodness Stephanie! This card is so adorable! Love the felt birdhouse and the stitched heart gives it a real homespun feel! This die is a must have! Thanks for the inspiration!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous card Stephanie. Love the fun colors, the tweet birdhouse... the textures are fabulous! :o)

Sue Lelli said...

Stephanie, I just LOVE this to pieces! LOVE the gingham (and on the roof, too!) LOVE the text! LOVE the sentiment! But most of all LOVE the felt heart you stitched on! Just WONDERFUL!

texasjodylynn said...

Gorgeous card! Love it.

Lisa said...

This is just the sweetest Stephanie. Love the darling felt birdhouse!

jkcards said...

Such a clever card. Love the texture the felt gives it!

Andrea M said...

This card is jam-packed with home spun goodness!!! Love the felt house and heart!!! The pink gingham just makes my heart go pitter-pat!!! FABULOUS Stephanie!!

Shannon White said...

OMGosh Miss Stephanie, this is soo Darned Adorable! Love the dp's and Super Cute Felt house! the Little heart is soo Darling and I love the pink gingham! Just Love the whole thing! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon