Saturday, September 24, 2011

CR84FN39 -- Too Cute to Spook


Hello! It's time for another CR84FN Challenge! Thank you to all who joined us for the last challenge.. it was fun viewing all of your fabulous creations! For the next challenge (CR84FN39), our color palette is Orange, Yellow and Brown. This challenge will last for 2 weeks. Photo credits (from L to R): BouquetWreath, Brownie Favor Pops.


With the fall color palette, I knew I wanted to make a Halloween card with one of the new Pure Innocence stamps, Little Witch (currently looks to be out of stock right now), but here is a link to all Pure Innocence stamps. I colored her, pieced her dress and fussy cut her, then I popped her on my background. It was a little darker than I wanted it to be, so I toned it down with some cream vellum. I added the fence behind her using the Die-namics Woodgrain Fence and stamped my sentiment on the Die-namics Ticket Tab.

For all the CR84FN challenge details, please be sure to visit the CR84FN blog HERE. I hope you will join us this week.. I can't wait to see what you create! For more inspiration, please visit my fellow design teammates:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: PI - Little Witch (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Forever Fall (Bo Bunny), Lemon Tart, Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Classic Crest Classic Natural White (Neenah), Vellum
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Die-namics Ticket Tab, Die-namics Woodgrain Fence (My Favorite Things); Markers (Copic), Lace, Twill, Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.

24 comments:

Heather Jensen said...

Adorable! I love the papers you used for her. Unfortunately she is out along with half the stuff I wanted at MFT. I am bummed. I think you turned me. I was not one to like the cute stamps, but she grew on me. This little girl is my absolute favorite. :)
Hugs~

Pauline said...

What a little sweetie pie! Love the little paper pieced dress, the vellum background makes it look misty! Fabulous card!

Debgem said...

A really cute Halloween card - I really like the effect of using vellum over the dark card, and she's such a sweet little witch! It's fab!

texasjodylynn said...

That is SO SO cute! :) Love it.

Arlene said...

Great card Stephanie! Love the toned down effect of the vellum...brilliant!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Love the PI images too and she is super sweet. The vellum trick is one of my favorites and you always use it so cleverly. Cute!

Marie said...

Simply adorable card, Stephanie. I love the mix of textures, vellum, lace, twill tape are all perfect additions to your lovely colored image.

Jackie Pedro said...

Hi Steph!! Your card is ADORABLE! LOVE the colors and the layer of vellum! Have a great week!

Juls said...

so very sweet, love the touch of lace!! Hugs juls

Melody said...

Adorable!! I love how you used the vellum!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a cute card Stephanie! Love how you colored that little witch! You always seem to bring these MFT stamps to life :)

kingstonmama said...

What an adorable little witch. Love how you've used the colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jennipher Lowery said...

Nicely done! So cute too.

Kim Y. said...

Simply sweet! Love it!

Deb Hickman said...

Such a cute card, I love the sweet image.xxxxx

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute halloween card - love the addition of the fence and added paper piecing!

Basement Stamper said...

she is so cute and love the cutting you did on her. The paper piecing looks great!

Andrea M said...

Oh my goodness Stephanie! This is just too darn sweet!!! What a fabby Halloween card! That image is ADORABLE!

Sue Lelli said...

Stephanie, LOVE the vellum and how it muted the background paper! LOVE the darling little girl and the lace you added! This card is definitely TOO CUTE for words!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Awe she is too cute to spook indeed! Love the Pure Innocence line too and this card is just so adorable! Thank you for the inspiration.

Anitra

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Miss Stephanie, this is soo Adorable! Love your Darling image and her sweet paper pieced dress. So Darned Cute! I swear my MFT wish list keeps getting longer and longer.. lol 8-)

Hope you have Terrific weekend!

Hugs
Shannon

igła i nitka said...

What a cute card! I like very much idea of this card and combination of colours:)

Cyndie said...

Oh, this is just darling! Love the paper piecing and fussy cutting, and the strip of lace on the side! Perfect!

Lisa said...

How darn cute is this Stephanie! Love this sweet witch, She looks great in front of the picket fence!!