Saturday, November 12, 2011

CR84FN42 Week 2 -- Believe


Hello! It's week 2 for the current CR84FN Challenge! If you haven't played along yet, you have just under a week to play in CR84FN42. Our color palette is Black, Pale Pink and Neutral. Photos courtesy of Becca Rillo Photography.


I went simple (for me) for my non-traditional colored Christmas card today. I stamped the vintage Santa image from Inspired By Christmas and "Believe" onto Kraft cardstock, then I used the Die-namics Tag You're It to die cut my tag. I also used the Die-namics Wonky Scallop Border to create a couple of rows of scallops near the bottom of my card. I added some pink flatback rhinestones to either side of my sentiment and tied some seam binding and twine to the top of my tag.

For sketch inspiration, I used this week's WSC Getting Sketchy #45 from My Favorite Things. All the challenge details can be found HERE.


For all the CR84FN challenge details, please be sure to visit the CR84FN blog HERE. I hope you will join us this week.. I can't wait to see what you create! For more inspiration, please visit my fellow design teammates:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies ~
Stamps: Inspired By Christmas (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Good Cheer (October Afternoon), Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Classic Crest Classic Natural White (Neenah)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Die-namics Tag You're ItDie-namics Wonky Scallop Border (My Favorite Things); Winter Borders embossing folder (Provo Craft), Pink flatback rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty), Seam binding, Twine (May Arts), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.

14 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! Love this vintage Santa image, and the pretty pink papers.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love your vintage Santa! The tag looks fabulous against the pink!
Mackie

Suzanne C said...

Lovely vintage santa! The background papers are beautiful and your design is wonderful!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh that Old World Santa is gorgeous Stephanie! Love the non traditional Christmas colors! Love the little embossed snowflake peeking out :)

Lisa said...

What a great santa Stephanie! Love they way you've kept the card CAS to showcase him.

Debgem said...

Love your Santa image - and the pretty pink texty background makes for a lovely non-traditional card! Just super!

texasjodylynn said...

That is REALLY gorgeous. I LOVE it.

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS card, Stephanie! LOVE LOVE LOVE that background text paper with the snowflake in the corner and LOVE the Santa tag you created! FAB ribbon treatment, too!

igła i nitka said...

What a nice - simple and beautiful - Christmas card!

igła i nitka said...

What a nice - simple and beautiful - Christmas card!

Andrea M said...

STUNNING Stephanie!!! WOW! The vintage Santa is so fabulous stamped on kraft!!!

Shannon White said...

Omgosh I Love this Miss Stephanie! What a Super Sweet Santa and fabulous dp's! And I love the embossed snowflakes and scallops! You really rocked the sketch and the color combo! Love the whole thing!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Aleksandra said...

I love your card! It is always a challenge for me to create a pink christmas card - I don't know why... But you managed to do it just perfectly! I love the design!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

Maria said...

Such a pretty Christmas card with vintage santa and lovely pink paper! Great job...love it!!:-))