Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Taylored Expressions March Sneak Peeks Day 3


Hello! Happy Leap Day! Welcome to Day 3 of Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks! I'm so excited to be able to participate in today's peeks along with the Baker's Dozen!

March Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, March 1st at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments for the drawings close Wednesday 2/29 at 7pm PST.
Please make sure you visit each of the Baker's Dozen designers to see their fabulous creations:

Today we are introducing 2 new full sized sets (Faith in Bloom and Totally Tags Spring), plus 4 new A la Cartes (Faith, Grace, Hope, Lucky). Faith, Grace and Hope A la Carte are part of the *te* collection illustrated by Taylor VanBruggen! My first project (below) features Hope A la Carte.


I love all of the word A la Carte images as they are bold and beautiful and definitely make a statement! This one is no exception! I stamped and colored my word image, then I cut it out with a Spellbinders Petite Oval Nestabilities die and layered it on top of the Frame It Up 1 die. I also stamped and die cut a little flag using the Fly Your Flag 2 stamp set and coordinating die and added a Prima heart gem. My patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline All Dolled Up collection. My layout uses Jen's latest Deconstructed Sketch #40.

My next two projects feature Totally Tags Spring - a new set of tags to coordinate with the Totally Tags Dies. These tags are great for all sorts of cards and treats for Easter and Spring! This set coordinates with Hello Spring and Easter JoyTotally Tags Spring is part of the Apple Doodle Ink line illustrated by Doug Applegate.

I couldn't decide which tags I wanted to use, so I stamped all of them and die cut with the coordinating Totally Tags Dies. I ended up using 4 of the 9 tags on a layout and a card. Both use papers from the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Happy collection. First up is my layout.


My scrapbook layout is 8.5" x 11". I chose a photo of my DD, Sabrina, from Easter 2 years ago. After we colored eggs, I did a mini photo shoot of her by our bougainvillea. The sun was really bright that day no matter which way I positioned her. I used Choice Snow White for my base. I added the Heart Border Die above and below my main panel. Along the lower portion, I hung 3 tags from the hearts and tied them with baker's twine.  For my middle tag, I stamped the date using You're My Type - Lower & # and You're My Type - Upper in Memento London Fog and die cut it with one of the Totally Tags Dies. Here's a detail shot of the trio of tags below my photo.


All of my tags were colored with Copic markers. I added one more tag next to her photo (I couldn't resist using the one with the bunny in the carrot car -- TOO cute!). Another detail shot:


And, finally, I made a simple card with another one of the tags since I am always in need of a Thank You card.


These are the Taylored Dies I used on my projects today:






Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hope Card Supplies ~
Stamps: Hope A la Carte, Fly Your Flag 2 (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Miss Caroline All Dolled Up (My Mind's Eye), Choice Buttercream (Taylored Expressions), Frosted Teal (Bazzill)
Ink: Memento London FogMemento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Antique Linen Distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Fly Your Flag 2 Die, Frame It Up 1 (Taylored Expressions); Petite Oval Nestabilities - SM (Spellbinders), Markers (Copic), Button, Twine (May Arts), Heart Crystal (Prima), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.

Happy Easter Layout Supplies ~
Stamps: Totally Tags Spring, You're My Type - Lower & #You're My Type - Upper (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Follow Your Heart Be Happy (My Mind's Eye),  Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Baby Pink Light (Bazzill)
Ink: Memento London Fog (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Heart Border DieTotally Tags DiesFly Your Flag 2 (Taylored Expressions); Markers (Copic), Doily, Wooden letter (Pink Paislee), Baker's Twine (My Mind's Eye), Crystals (Prima), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.

Thank You Card Supplies ~
Stamps: Totally Tags Spring (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Follow Your Heart Be Happy (My Mind's Eye),  Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Baby Pink Light (Bazzill)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Totally Tags Dies, Cloud Border Die (Taylored Expressions); Markers (Copic), Baker's Twine (My Mind's Eye), Crystals (Prima), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.