Wednesday, November 14, 2012

You are Spectacular

Hello! When Taylor first showed us the Spectacular stamp set and the Spectacles Dies, I knew that they would be perfect on a layout telling the story of when Sabrina got her first pair of prescription glasses (nearly 3 years ago). I had hoped to make this during release week, but I ran out of time (have I mentioned before that I am a sloooow scrapbooker?). I finally had some time this week, and here's my layout:


"You are" was cut using the Poster Graphic Alpha Dies. I die cut each letter 4 times to add some thickness (I adhered each letter with my Xyron). Once I added it to my layout, I added a layer of stitching across the middle. "One of a Kind" and "Spectacular" are both from the Spectacles stamp set.

I added my journaling to my top photo before I printed it. Here is a closer look:


Below is a detail shot of the lower portion of the layout. This photo is one that I took while she was trying on glasses at the optician's (she LOVED that part). The "Love this Memory" banner is an Ali Edwards digital brush that I added prior to printing my photo. I used the Spectacles Dies to die cut my spectacles embellishment (which I added crystal twinkles to).

Before I sign off, I just wanted to let you know that Taylored Expressions is holding a Facebook contest! If you like giveaways, be sure to check this out - you'll find more details on the TE Facebook page or on the Splitcoaststampers forum!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies from the TE store:


Stamps: Spectacular (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Snap Life, Snap Color Vibe, Snap Basics (Simple Stories), Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Kraft (Bazzill)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Taylored Dies: Spectacles, Poster Graphic Alpha, Fly Your Flag 2; Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); Ali Edwards Life Banner Brushes and Stamps (Designer Digitals) Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.