Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Taylored Expressions May Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!

Hello! Welcome to the Taylored Expressions May Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! You might already be familiar with the TE Key Ingredients, well now Taylor has added a TE SOTM (which will coordinate with the Key Ingredients. You will have the option to subscribe to either one or a combined Deluxe Key Ingredients which includes both! Here is a link to the new US SOTM option.

I combined the May Stamp of the Month (Cutie Pie) with the May Key Ingredients (featuring patterned paper from the Echo Park Sweet Girl collection) to make a scrapbook page of Sabrina and her ballet teacher, Mrs. Caroline.

Before I show you my layout, I just want to interrupt this post to wish my sweet Sabrina a HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY! I cannot believe she is officially a "tween" now... :) I took these photos a couple of weekends ago during Sabrina's final ballet class with Mrs. Caroline. She is relocating to the San Diego area, where she is hoping to grow her classes and productions. We met Caroline a year and a half ago during the Cinderella 2011 production and began having Sabrina take classes from her shortly after. Caroline owns a very unique non-profit dance organization where she strives to unite both special needs and typical children. We will truly miss her dearly. Now here's my layout...


All patterned paper, cardstock and ric rac are from the May Key Ingredients. The "thanks so much" sentiment is from Cutie Pie and was stamped onto a banner die cut from Branches, Banner & Bloom, which is a new TE die set that coordinates with Cutie Pie (sold separately and available in the TE store now).

Here are a couple of detail shots:


Once again I used the Whimsy Alpha dies to create my title. I added tiny sequins and a small pearl as my period and to dot my "i".


I stamped the 3 flowers from Cutie Pie and die cut them with Branches, Banner & Bloom. The leaves are die cut (from same die set) from patterned paper. Each flower was popped up and again, I added a tiny sequin and pearl to the center of each flower.

Here's a complete look at the May SOTM, Cutie Pie (isn't the name fitting?!):


Please be sure to hop along and see what these Key Ingredients and Baker's Dozen designers have created with the May SOTM:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies from the TE store:

Stamps: Cutie Pie - May SOTM (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: May Key Ingredients (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint and Spun Sugar Distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Taylored Dies: Branches, Banner & Bloom, Whimsy Alpha (Taylored Expressions); Ric rac (from May Key Ingredients), Sequins, Pearls (Kaisercraft), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.