Monday, March 3, 2014

Taylored Expressions March Day 1 Sneak Peeks: Shade Tree Sentiments & Bloomin' Stacklets 2

Hello! Welcome to the first day of Taylored Expressions March Sneak Peeks! The Baker's Dozen is kicking off 4 days of projects (3 days of peeks and release day). We are releasing 6 new stamp sets and 14 new dies! All products will be released on Thursday, March 6, @ 7 AM PST.

Before I get to my projects, I want to welcome the newest member of the Baker's Dozen... Kendra Wietstock! If you are not familiar with Kendra's work, you are in for a real treat! She is a fabulously talented stamper and scrapbooker, and I can't wait to see her TE creations!

My first project uses the new Shade Tree Sentiments stamp set. I combined it with the previously release Shade Tree Cutting Plate (which I trimmed). The butterfly is from the new In Flight Overlays set.


Here's a detail shot:


My next project is a felt wreath created with the new Bloomin' Stacklets 2 and lots of fuchsia felt. This one is for Sabrina's room (she picked the color)... :)



Here's a detail shot:


To create the wreath, I started with a 12" styrofoam wreath and die cut several (300+) pieces of felt using the 4th sized bloomin' stacklet (the one missing in the photo below). It's < 3" in diameter. Here are the supplies I started with:


You start by taking each flower, folding it in half once, then in half again. Then you simply start adding each bloom to a styrofoam wreath with flat pins. The idea is to add the blooms close enough to each other so that they overlap and hide the pins. The actual process took an evening. Though, I must confess that I did have help. My sister-in-law, Mary, and I alternated die cutting the blooms and sticking the felt on to the wreath form. In truth, I think she did most of the work as she started adding the blooms to the wreath while I die cut. We switched tasks about halfway through the process. Here's an in-progress photo:


Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.


Please visit these Baker's Dozen Designers for more sneak peeks:

  • Charmaine Ikach
  • Courtney Kelley
  • Jami Sibley
  • Jen Shults
  • Joan Ervin
  • Kendra Wietstock
  • Kerri Michaud
  • Regina Mangum
  • Sankari Wegman
  • Shannon White
  • Shelly Mercado
  • Stephanie Kraft (you are here)
  • Taylor VanBruggen
  • Wanda Guess

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Supplies from the TE store | For a Dear Friend:



    Stamps: Shade Tree Sentiments (TE)
    Paper: Choice Kraft, Choice Snow White (TE); Brown, Green, Yellow (Bazzill)
    Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle (Tsukineko), Tumbled Glass Distress (Ranger)
    Accessories: Taylored Dies: In Flight Overlays, Cloud Border, Grass Border, Shade Tree Cutting Plate (TE); Sprinkles (Doodlebug), Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.

    Supplies from the TE store | Felt Wreath:


    Accessories: Taylored Dies: Bloomin’ Stacklets 2, Fuchsia Taylored Felt (TE); 12” Styrofoam wreath, flat pins.