Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Days - BIC26

Beate's Be Inspired Challenge for the week is this photo from a Pottery Barn catalog. The first things that caught my eye were the two navy pillows -- both the polka dots and the stripe. So, I started with a base of embossed polka dots and added some subtle stripes on my white strip. I love challenges like this (because my living room would never look this perfect!)...

From there, my card was born. Sometimes I like the subtlety of a monochromatic card, but the pop of red in the room also caught my attention, so I added it as an accent.

Cardstock: CTMH, PTI; Stamps: CTMH, Verve (sentiment); Ink: CTMH, Memento Tuxedo Black; Cuttlebug embossing folder (dots, distressed stripes); Nestabilities classic rectangles, tag die; Fiskars threading water punch; Other: Ribbon, Waxy Flax, white gel pen, red rhinestones, sanding block.