Wednesday, October 29, 2008

thanks - BIC29

Beate's Inspiration Challenge #29 is this Pottery Barn layout. PB is another one of my favorite places. Honestly, though, until I started following Beate's inspiration challenges, I never looked at a layout like this to inspire me to create art. I always just looked at it for home ideas.

The sleigh bed reminded me of kraft cardstock, so that is what I chose as my card base. Next, I was drawn to the soothing blue/green florals on the bedding. From there, I sat down to create and this is what I came up with.

Cardstock: PTI, CTMH; Patterned Paper: DCWV Nana's Nursery (Boy); Stamps: Verve, CTMH (sentiment); Ink: CTMH; Cuttlebug embossing folder; Nestabilities; SU! slot and word window punches; Other: white gel pen, ivory twill (reasonableribbon.com), rhinestones, foam adhesive.