Thursday, February 6, 2014

Taylored Expressions February Release Day: Sack It - Chick

Hello! Welcome to the first day of Taylored Expressions February Release Day! We are releasing 7 new stamp sets, 11 new dies and 4 new cutting plates! All products are available in the store now!

I have one final release project to show you. This one uses Sack It - Chick.



I made this entire sack out of Taylored felt! The sack was created with the Sack It to You die set. I started by cutting out the 2 pieces of the sack and adding some Best Glue Ever to the seams. The glue actually helped to stiffen the felt a little. Once the glue was dry, I blanket stitched the sides and bottom with some yellow thread. Once I was finished, I sprayed the entire sack with Stiffen Quick to make it more stand better on its own. I also "stiffened" the handle. It took a few hours for it to dry, but once it was dry, I was happy with the result! The sentiment is from Big Bold Easter and was stamped and die cut with Banner Stacklets 1. I stitched 2 banners together and added it to a Doodlebug Tangerine pixie.


To complete the sack, I decorated the front of it with the pieces from Sack It - Chick! I filled the sack with some See's suckers.

Please visit these Baker's Dozen Designers for more release projects:

  • Charmaine Ikach
  • Courtney Kelley
  • Jen Shults
  • Joan Ervin
  • Kerri Michaud
  • Regina Mangum
  • Sankari Wegman
  • Shannon White
  • Shelly Mercado
  • Stephanie Kraft (you are here)
  • Taylor VanBruggen
  • Wanda Guess
  • Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Supplies from the TE store:


    Stamps: Big Bold Easter (TE)
    Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
    Paper: Choice Snow White (TE)
    Accessories: Taylored Dies: Sack It – Chick, Sack it to You, Banner Stacklets 1; Felt: Antique White, Black Licroice, Sunflower (TE); Pixies – Tangerine (Doodlebug), Orange felt, Best Glue Ever, Stiffen Quick, Thread, Sewing machine.