Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Taylored Expressions October Previews Day 1!


Hello! Happy Tuesday! Welcome to Day 1 of Taylored Expressions October Previews! Today we are previewing ALL of the new stamps that will be released on Thursday, October 4th @ 8:00 AM PST in the TE Store!

We will be having a Preview Party tomorrow evening at 6:00 PM PST. This will be your chance to see full sets and there will be a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY. The party is always fun and fast-paced! Be sure to join along HERE! The Baker's Dozen team will also have new release projects to show you today through Friday!

Today I have 2 projects to show you. The first uses the new Nativity Border Die and Rejoice stamp set. The Nativity Border is 5.5" across (I trimmed mine slightly on both sides, but you can use it across the entire bottom of a horizontal A2 card if desired). Rejoice is a set of 13 Christmas and holiday sentiments, presented by Jami Sibley, and it is part of the Lasting Impressions collection illustrated by Nancy McKinney.


I made an easel card, sponged the night sky (masking out the moon), then I added the Nativity border over it. I used the new Label Stacklets 1 die for my sentiment. Here's a side shot:


These are the Taylored Dies that I used on my Celebrate card:



My second project is a peek of the new A Bushel & A Peck set. This set was illustrated by Doug Applegate and part of his Apple Doodle Ink collection. This set was developed back when Jen Shults concepted All Aboard, and Jami also had a hand in the development of the baskets, buckets, etc. in this holiday set.


This set is so fun - you can mix and match the vessel and what it holds. I chose to use a stainless bucket, and added the poinsettias to it. I used Jen's Deconstructed Sketch #70 for my layout. I framed it with a Studio Calico wood veneer frame which I spritzed with Glimmer Mist. You can also see a larger burlap circle that I used to mat my colored image circle. My sentiment is from a sweet new sentiment set, Many Minis - Holidays. Here's a detail shot:


These are the Taylored Dies that I used on my Merry & Bright card:



Please visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen to see what they have cooked up for you today!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with more previews!

The Gift of Jesus Supplies:
Stamps: Rejoice (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), True Black (PTI)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Summer Sky, MementoDanube Blue, Memento ParisDusk (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Nativity Border Die, Label Stacklets 1, TinyTwinkles (Taylored Expressions); Sponge, Foam tape.

Merry & Bright Supplies:
Stamps: A Bushel & A Peck, Many Mini – Holidays (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Very Merry Christmas (Echo Park), Choice Buttercream (Taylored Expressions), Kraft (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Medium Scallop BorderDie, Mini Tags Dies (Taylored Expressions); Standard Circle Nestabilities – LG (Spellbinders), Markers (Copic), Twill ribbon, Button, Hemp cord, Platinum Stickles (Ranger), Wood veneer frame (Studio Calico), Crème de Chocolat Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Crystals (Prima), Burlap, Foam tape, Thread, Sewing machine.